Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sandbox vs production & ConnString.qvs

Hi,

We are about to create qlikview applications using the QDF which will initially be pointing at a Sandbox instance of a test version of a Salesforce app that will be put in production in the coming months.

I have looked in the documentation and searched the forums, but I cannot find any reference to how this situation would be handled.

I am specifically interested in one of our connection strings using the Salesforce Connector.

Would you recommend we put some form of conditional in our existing ConnString.qvs file which can either reference either a connection to the production or sandbox? How would you recommend I pass the value to control the connection from the UI app?

If you feel there would be a better solution, please let me know - I am new to the QDF.

3 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex, our usual recommendation is to have different containers for Sandbox and Production, and create test Salesforce.qvs connstring in sandbox and another Salesforce.qvs connstring in the production container. Then when you move the app it will hook into the correct connstring.

You can read about this in the Qlik Deployment Framework Deployment Guide, page 6

Hope that this helps.
Best regards
Magnus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Magnus, we have decided to use a slightly different solution. A global variable is declared in the shared folders called environment, with a value of Production in the production container, and Sandbox in the sandbox area. We then have a connection string .qvs with a conditional using the global variable environment to decide which connection to make.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Great! that is the best using a framework, you can decide what works best for your environment.

Cheers