Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

plan for Migration

Hello! Do you recommend any strategy to migrate? to be able to adapt what I already have to QDF. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Hector, it all depends on how your current environment looks like. Usually I create a test QDF environment, structured in the way that's aligned with "our way of working". After move one app at the time, adding initiation and replacing the file path (like qvd path) with Global Variables. When done you can move into production. During time you can continue simplifying the apps by replacing "custom" code with functions and replacing expressions with global variables and so on.. Last I would create a QVD index (using IndexAdd/indexLoad functions) and load apps from this  instead of "pointing to specific folders", hope that this helps?

Best regards

Magnus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Hector, it all depends on how your current environment looks like. Usually I create a test QDF environment, structured in the way that's aligned with "our way of working". After move one app at the time, adding initiation and replacing the file path (like qvd path) with Global Variables. When done you can move into production. During time you can continue simplifying the apps by replacing "custom" code with functions and replacing expressions with global variables and so on.. Last I would create a QVD index (using IndexAdd/indexLoad functions) and load apps from this  instead of "pointing to specific folders", hope that this helps?

Best regards

Magnus