Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Announcements
Live Chat, June 29th 10AM ET. Bring your Qik Sense Enterprise, Client Managed questions! REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III

Content Admin Role Using Attribute Table

We have just installed Qlik Sense server Nov 2019 Release. We have set up a Attribute table  with these 3 fields

userid,type, value

user1,role,stream1-adm

We are trying to assign a content admin role to each user based on  the value. We have a created a new Content Admin rule as below:

(user.role like “adm” and resource.Stream.HasPrivilege(“Read”))

So when I sync the UDC I expect that user 1 shall have QMC access to his contents. But this rule doesnt seem to be working 

But if I hard code the attribute like user.role = 'stream1-adm', it works fine. 

what am I missing here.

2 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I would give (user.role like “*adm” and resource.Stream.HasPrivilege(“Read”)) a go. From the docs,  you're going to want to use a * as a wildcard to match.

Rehan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It didn't work. Let's talk about the Stream Rule rule first. I created  a Custom Properties for each stream like 

Stream1, Stream2, Stream 3  etc .matching the Value names coming from the attribute table for Type "stream"and called that Custom Property as "Stream" . Now I created a Security Rule

like ((user.stream =resource.stream@Stream)). 

I expect that when each user logs in based on their access they should be able to access their own stream, but its not working .

What am I missing here ?