Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III

How to check the load balancing between nodes.

Hi, I have central node and rim node. I have one app in central node, using node type parameter I pointed into RIM node. 

1. In RIM node Under monitoring apps its showing that app. Same time Central node is also showing the same. Is It correct ? 

2.  How to check whether load balancing is working fine or not? 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
kallay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

If you mean which RIM is used when the applications are opened in the HUB, in the layout of an application add a KPI type chart and enter the syntax "=computername()". It should return you the name of the rim whose resources the application uses. Thus the result of load balancing.

If you mean which rim is used by reload tasks, via load balancing rules, then check in operations monitor, in task details, the bottom table, the hostname next to the message "Sending task xxx to slave-node rim1.test (Slavenode id: 65b6fd53 -xxxx-434b-xxxx-xxxxxx)" should give you the answer for the rim used.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Kally, Not able to get KPI chart and also where I need to check this point ? 

"If you mean which rim is used by reload tasks, via load balancing rules, then check in operations monitor, in task details, the bottom table, the hostname next to the message "Sending task xxx to slave-node rim1.test (Slavenode id: 65b6fd53 -xxxx-434b-xxxx-xxxxxx)" should give you the answer for the rim used."

Either RIM node HUB or Central Node HUB ?

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@kallay Even when I'm checking the Central node after run the particular task. Under operation monitor the task details not showing.  Even task showing success under task.