Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awaiting an available engine to be executed

Hello. My task is stuck with the said notification above. what does it mean?0683p000009M7mg.png

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please check whether your Cloud or Remote Engine is working fine?

The task is currently waiting for an Engine to execute the job.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

Bluemoon
Creator
Creator

I noticed even remote engine is free it will take at least 3 to 5 min to start the job. I know something going on in the back-end like connecting to remote engine, pushing artifact to remote engine. It would be better if you show all those steps to client else they will think that it is broken.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Girish,

Could you please raise a support case for this issue so that they can verify the root cause of the delay? It could be some connectivity issue between TMC and remote engine. But only support team can verify it since its managed through Cloud.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

Alaor_Silva
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Moe 

Any news about it, 

Just asking because I recently updated my Remote engine to version 2.7.0, during the installation everything went smoothly.

Now I have in the Cloud the I have all my Plans stuck, Awaiting an available engine to be executed.
Even having in the Engines/{My environment} menu the Remote Engine with Paired Status.

But unlike yours, my Plan is like this, for hours not minutes.

I even published a Dummy Job that contains just one TJava with an output message, and the result is the same.

Thanks in advance.

pa__mario
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @nhalicka we have the same problem since upgrading Remote Engine to v2.7.0. We're having a Remote Engine Cluster with 2 Remote Engines. So summary it's possible to execute 6 jobs at the same time.

Only 1 job is running and all other are in TMC with status "Awaiting".

Alaor_Silva
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @pa__mario

Here you have what worked just fine for me
For me, the solution was in our serverside on the Windows service, for some reason the Windows Service always stopped causing the TIC Jobs to get stuck, 

I just changed a couple of properties there.

1. Log On As
  2. Startup Type

0683p000009M8ZG.jpgTalend Remote Engine Service on Windows Server

I thinks that was it and if I didn't forget something it should be all there.

pa__mario
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @nhalicka , many thanks for this hint, but we're using Linux / CentOS 7 for our Remote Engines...

Actual we're restarting the server from time to time with stop.sh and start.sh to solve the problem. But this can't be the correct solution in my opinion.

Alaor_Silva
Contributor
Contributor

@pa__mario
0683p000009MACJ.png
As a workaround I did the same, I have created a Scheduled Task to constantly turn the status of the Service On when it was found Off.

But even so sometimes we get a couple of jobs stuck on TIC.

Let us about it, when you manage to solve it, as we have plans to change Server OS to Linux.

Thanks in advance.

Bluemoon
Creator
Creator

Even me used to do the same thing