Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmarchand
Contributor III
Contributor III

CI, Jenkins, Nexus, Build on push

Hi !

I want to do Build-on-push with Talend ESB projects.

I've installed Nexus, CommandLine and Jenkins.

A Talend ESB project contains a multi-module maven project. Parent project version is set from Studio, Project properties / Build / Maven / Deploy versionning. I can set a "-SNAPSHOT" version by clicking "Use Snapshot" checkbox. Modules version (i.e. Jobs or routes version) are defined in Studio as Job version or Route version ; AFAIK, these versions can not be "-SNAPSHOT" maven version.

Using mvn deploy, with all required options, jobs artifacts and routes artifacts are correctly deployed, as release artifacts, due to non-snapshot route or job version. I can deploy only once, because Nexus "release" repository do not allow to update artifacts.

What's the way to push many time a SNAPSHOT job or route, and to decide when I want to generate a RELEASE ?

Christophe

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's your Talend environment installed? Any CI server?

At the first step, please make sure that SVN or Git Integration with TAC / Studio must be tested and fully working. Server must be accessible from CI server – pay particular attention to any http / https proxies that might be present in the customer’s environment and ensure that Talend environment communications are not going via the proxy unless necessary.

Best regards

Sabrina

aminegac
Creator
Creator

by the way what is the minimum requirement for a build talend job to work on any new system ??? is it only JAVA installed ? i mean jdk for the java command to run the job . cause the job built has already all jars needed in lib directory winthin it .

or wwe need a lot more things ?

Talend OS 4 yrs / Java 17 Web Dev
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It depends on what's talend solution you are using.

Here is online installation guide about Talend Open Studio for Data Integration : Prerequisites

Hardware requirements

Software requirements

Best regards

Sabrina