Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tguiton
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error when running job on Talend Cloud: Unable to add task repository

I have a job that runs well locally on Talend Studio 8.0.1. I've pushed it to Talend Cloud and ran it there. (I run it through an AWS engine / cluster). The execution fails immediately and outputs this error:

Unable to add task repository.

What does this error mean? How to fix it?

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Remote Engine version are you using?

tguiton
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

How do I find the Remote Engine version in Talend Cloud?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There will be a file called "version.txt" in the installation folder structure.

tguiton
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Version is 1.8.0_10 (2008-09-11)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the best thing to do will be to raise a support case. This issue sounds like an issue that has been fixed by a Remote Engine upgrade (https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/release-notes/r2021-03-talend-remote-engine). But I think it is best to get support to check this out for you.

pmalhotra
Contributor
Contributor

There can be various causes for that. It may be due to a lack of disk space.

Also, Please check the Karaf logs. It can be found at :

RE_install_dir/data/log

In our cause, the logs had the following error:

Unable to execute HTTP request: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty

This normally means the JVM can't access the truststore file, which is by default, the cacerts file located here:

<Java folder>/lib/security/

Please check the permissions of this file. 755 permissions should allow it to work.

This may not be the exact issue in your case, however, it will be easier to just create a support case.

stucas
Contributor
Contributor

Just been hit by this in both Production and Development.

Getting a high number of "Connection Resets" when TRE attempts to communicate with Talend Cloud

Have raised support ticket

stucas
Contributor
Contributor

Despite a support case being raised we are still beg hit by this error in all environments.

We are now running the latest version of the Talend Remote Engine which has not mitigated the error.

It was only today that we have been told it is affecting more than one customer and that some netwrok components have been modified.... I can find no central area other than our support ticket to find out what's going on.

If anyone does know - can they please reply to this?

RB3
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any update on this please? Is your problem resolved now?

we have started facing this issue since this morning.