Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MPT
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Edit: We're using Open Studio 7.3.1

We have an issue where we run a job every 10 minutes and it occasionally fails with error

• Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: routines/system/RunStat 
    • at dataintegration.absencesandholidaystotable_1_2. AbsencesAndHolidaysToTable.<init (AbsencesAndHolidaysToTable.java:267)
    • at dataintegration.absencesandholidaystotable_1_2. AbsencesAndHolidaysToTable. main(AbsencesAndHolidaysToTable.java:8925)
  • Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: routines.system.RunStat
    • at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    • at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    • at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    • at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    • ... 2 more

This is difficult to investigate, because it is seemingly random: the job might work at 10:00, 10:10. 10:20 and at fail at 10:30 with the above error, then work again when executed at 10:40. It does not fail daily, but weekly. Usually only once before working again.

I would image a lock issue should not happen as these are shared libraries right? but we can't figure out what the cause is.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MPT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found the issue. When we build jobs, we always use the same target folder (D:\Deployment) for the compiled jobs, even when we built jobs from different projects. That means that all these jobs from different projects shared the D:\Deployment\lib folder. So what happened was that every now and then we re-built a job that altered the D:\Deployment\lib\routines.jar and that broke job #2 that was expecting to find someting from that jar that was not there. As a fix we will build jobs to project-specific sub-folders from now on so that the libraries go to different folders e.g. D:\Deployment\LEGAL\lib and D:\Deployment\HR\lib

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mikael Toivonen​, which version of studio are you using? I found one same issue had been reported on Bugtracker, it is better to create a new jira issue for R&D team to investigate it.

Regards

Shong

DWyman1649849953
Contributor
Contributor

The class is not available in Java Classpath.

You might be running your program using the jar command and class was not defined in the manifest file's ClassPath attribute.

MPT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We're using Open Studio 7.3.1. I edited that to the opening post too.

MPT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We have a Windows task scheduler executing this locally deployed job every 10 minutes. The job functions properly for days - until it doesn't. So the class is in the classpath when be build and deploy the job as a self-executable package.

But I will look into if some process of ours might modify the classpath without us realizing it and "sabotaging" the execution of this other job.

MPT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found the issue. When we build jobs, we always use the same target folder (D:\Deployment) for the compiled jobs, even when we built jobs from different projects. That means that all these jobs from different projects shared the D:\Deployment\lib folder. So what happened was that every now and then we re-built a job that altered the D:\Deployment\lib\routines.jar and that broke job #2 that was expecting to find someting from that jar that was not there. As a fix we will build jobs to project-specific sub-folders from now on so that the libraries go to different folders e.g. D:\Deployment\LEGAL\lib and D:\Deployment\HR\lib

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mikael Toivonen​, thanks for sharing the solution, it is a good clue.