Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Global parameters for Management Console plan?

Hi.

In Studio I have what I am calling a "MASTER" job, which is essentially a bunch of jobs that run in a specific order using the tRunJob component for each job. Each tRunJob component has the checkbox checked for "Transmit whole context", meaning that all context variables set in the "MASTER" job get passed down to the child jobs, thus overwriting the default variables set in the child jobs themselves where appropriate.

0693p000009JP7rAAG.png

This works great where the same context variables are required in more than one job (such as DB connections details etc).

However, how do you re-create this in the management console with plans?

I've noticed with the cloud you must upload each individual job, which creates an artifact in the portal. From that I must then create a task and set the parameters (or use the defaults). I then have to create a plan with steps containing each child job to orchestrate them in the order I want.

But if I want to change any of the parameters (for example if I need the job to run against a different database), I then have to change that same parameter in all the child jobs that make up the plan in the portal.

Is there a way that I can set the variables globally within the plan, and have them pass down through the child jobs?

Thanks

Steve

Labels (5)
0 Replies