Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fzamk19
Contributor
Contributor

How can I make a rest api call using Oauth1 authentication?

I am new to Talend as well as Java. Really stuck on how can I use oauth1 authentication in talend? Can't see any option in trest and no syitable solution online. Please help me!

Labels (2)
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This looks like the documentation you need.....

https://developers.liveperson.com/oauth-1-0-api-keys.html

Fzamk19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you so much. Looks like I have to code it in java in talend. Can u let me know which component to use tjavarow or flex? Also, can u kindly guide me whether using the above API I can extract real time data using talend? Thanks in advance 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@farrukh zaman khan​ I have had a bit of a read of the documentation and it looks like you can use OAuth 2.0 for this. As such, you will be able to loosely follow the example I gave you in the link to the other post. The OAuth 2.0 steps can be seen here....

https://developers.liveperson.com/oauth-2-0-client-credentials.html

On the question of getting real time data using Talend, the answer is yes. However, this can be super complicated to configure. Talend jobs are batch. They are not real time. You will need to use the ESB product.

Fzamk19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yeah you are right about the Oauth 2.0 and I have had a discussion with the relevant team and they said that you'd have to purchase a separate user license for that, so I think we don't want to go down that path.

1. On the other hand, kindly guide me as to which tjava component should I use for creating the oauth1 header?
  2. Can you send me a demo project for esb which has a real-time scenario implemented?
  3. We have an enterprise talend license as well, and we want to know which product/studio should we be using to implement the real-time scenario for the LivePerson api?

Thanks in advance! Can't thank you enough though.., but still stuck on that oauth_signature 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable

@farrukh zaman khan​ I will message you privately on here. Check your messages.