Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMartin1
Contributor
Contributor

How to create a Athena Db connection

Hi! I have to create a Db connection to extract information from Athena, What is the best way to create de Db connection?

I have the user id and the password that allow the access.

Thanks!

Labels (4)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please follow up this online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Using the JDBC connector to connect to Amazon Athena and feel free to let us know if you can connect to AWS Athena and run queries.

Best regards

Sabrina

JMartin1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks!!

I have already been given the user and the secret key to access Athena, I have created my JDBC URL and I have added the driver and the information about my DDBB (Oracle) but it is giving me the following error when I do the connection test and I do not know why it can be given.

0695b00000WxAt7AAF.png 

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It looks like java keeps complaining it can't find a properties file that is right there.

What JDK version are you using and on which talend build version you got this issue? We suspect that there might be incompatibility issue between your AthenaJDBC jar and studio.

Best regards

Sabrina

JMartin1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Maybe that´s the problem, I just use 7.3 and the JDK is 1.8.0_202.

even if I will have to upload it to the cloud later.

best regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please try to go to the Using Athena with the JDBC Driver page on the Amazon website and download the latest Athena JAR file that is compatible with your JDK 1.8.

Try to point the tJDBCConnection to use this JAR, and see if you are be able to connect to your Athena(S3).

Note: the AthenaJDBC42-2.0.5.jar is compatible with JDBC 4.2 and requires JDK 8.0 or later. (Source).

Best regards

Sabrina

JMartin1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, I get access and connect to Athena.

Now, when I try to get the retrieve schema to get all tables from the schema, didn´t deploy the table list.

ups.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The connected Amazon Athena service is OK with you? No permission and privilege issue from your side?

Are you able to read data from the Amazon Athena service by setting a job to connect to Amazon Athena? tDBInput-->tLogRow?

Best regards

Sabrina

JMartin1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I managed to create the connection with the user and secret key that they gave me, at the time of making the retrieve schema I did not deploy anything when I opened the corresponding schema, except at one time of the day that if I achieved it and I managed to create the schema of several tables to test, I made the Job that you indicate and it gave me error.

now I was trying to open one of the tables with the Data Viewer and I get the following error, I think I could not have updated something related to Log4j, because in the execution of the Job puts something related.

0695b00000YCXqjAAH.pngthe job error

0695b00000YCXrrAAH.png 

best regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using talend subscription V 7.3.1? Is it possible to create a Support Case in Salesforce in this way we could give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina