Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Safus
Creator
Creator

Job2Docker : How to reach local file sytem from Docker image

Hi,

I have followed the official tutorial of Talend/job2Docker : https://github.com/Talend/job2docker.

The HelloWord example works good (although the project has a bug - it does not allow Capitalized letters in job name) but this is not the question.

When I dockerized a more complex job, where I have to reach some files in my local file system. It does not work.

On the Talend Console the job perfectly works, and I know that it is an issue with how to mount the dockers volumes.

And this is my test job :

0695b00000Dt3TcAAJ.png

When I run my docker :

"/data/work/Talend_Projets/POC_TALEND_DOCKER/start.txt" is not reachable and the job stops running.

Do you know how to fix that ?

Best Regards,

Safus

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Safus
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I found the solution and I put it here in case it interests someone else :

You should mount the volume when running the docker like this :

docker run -v /data/work/Talend_Projets/POC_TALEND_DOCKER:/data/work/Talend_Projets/POC_TALEND_DOCKER safus/jobtest:0.1

Best regards,

Safus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Safus
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I found the solution and I put it here in case it interests someone else :

You should mount the volume when running the docker like this :

docker run -v /data/work/Talend_Projets/POC_TALEND_DOCKER:/data/work/Talend_Projets/POC_TALEND_DOCKER safus/jobtest:0.1

Best regards,

Safus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know you've resolved this issue by yourself and sharing solution with us on community.

Best regards

Sabrina