Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welshsteve
Creator
Creator

Remote Engine job not completing on one server

Hi.

I have a Remote Engine running in a server farm of 8 servers.

I have a published job in Talend Portal (Management Console), which works absolutely fine when run against databases on 7 of the 8 servers. But for one server, the Remote Engine task just keeps running and never completes. The job doesn't do anything.

If I open up SQL Server Management Studio on the server in question, I can see the connection process, so a connection has been established. But the execution never happens.

It is not erroring, so I'm at a loss to understand why it is doing this.

0695b00000QEAD7AAP.png0695b00000QEAD2AAP.png

0695b00000QEADWAA5.png

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Steve Williams​ try to check and do some testing to see what could be the cause.

1 Has iteration and create many connections to the same DB in the job?

2 Process a small data set to see if the execution ends?

3 Export the job script and move to the server where Remote engine is installed, execute it to see if the same problem occurs.

Regards

Shong

welshsteve
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Shicong Hong​ 

The job I am using to test this is a very simple job that connects to a database, and creates one record in one data table. Here's the job in Studio. As you can see, it's very basic.

0695b00000QEL6vAAH.png 

I have 7 other SQL servers, one of which also has the remote engine running on it.

The job works fine when run against databases on all the other servers, so it is just this server that appears to have the issue

Because the job doesn't "die", I've got no logs to give me a clue as to what the issue might be.