Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Running a Talend Open studio stand alone job in different environments

Hi Team,

I am new to Talend . I was able to create jobs in Talend Open studio and run them perfectly fine. I have few questions

1. Can i build a stand alone job and run it in other environments where Talend Open studio is not installed

Example : I tried building a stand alone job (.bat file) and i ran the .bat file on my system, it worked perfectly fine. But when i give the same .bat file to some one who don't have Talend Open Studio installed  the .bat file is failing with error "Missing Libraries"

What steps i need to take to avoid these errors so that i can run the stand alone job any where (even the system where Talend OS is not installed)

Thanks and Regards

Raj

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Talend Jobs support cross-platform execution. You can develop your Job on one machine, export the Job script, and then move it to another machine to execute without any additional configuration excepts the JDK installation.
Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mat2121
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

TOS is not needed to run a standalone job.

The best way to transfer the standalone job to someone else is to give the whole archive.

By doing this, you are sure that all the required libs, context are transferred as well.

The other person only needs to unzip the archive and will be able to run the job.

Of course the other person needs to  have java installed.

KarthikGs
Creator
Creator

just make sure the java is installed in that machine and java_home is set. Any talend 's standard job is a java application, so there is no need for TOS instance to be installed on the host to run your talend job.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Talend Jobs support cross-platform execution. You can develop your Job on one machine, export the Job script, and then move it to another machine to execute without any additional configuration excepts the JDK installation.
Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i'm new to talend , i wanted to know how to monitor the stand alone job which is running in different environment?

Monitoring in terms of

check whether a job is running or not,

- how many jobs are completed  (like a Progress bar),

- check the current job running.

Thanks and Regards,