Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veryimportantdude
Contributor III
Contributor III

TOS 6.5 firebird connection

Hello

I am trying to connect to Firebird 2.5 on server.

My db file is on network share disk as is the database.

I am getting this error

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception. 335544375. unavailable database
Reason: unavailable database
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1106)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:316)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3983)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception. 335544375. unavailable database
Reason: unavailable database
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDataSource.getConnection(FBDataSource.java:122)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver.connect(FBDriver.java:131)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
... 9 more

e.g., I also cannot connect trough DBeaver

If I install everything on the server where my firebird database and files are it all works. 

Any suggestions?

thank you

Labels (2)
3 Replies
vapukov
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

database it not  only a file, it is a program wich run on server and provide access to data which stored in file, or it is dll installed on machine and provide same functional:

0683p000009M2j7.png

veryimportantdude
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have both options. But I would like that my remote connection is to the remote server. So only Talend runs on my machine. Otherwise I have to copy db file and do the etl later. 

vapukov
Creator III
Creator III

you can connect to remote machine, just you need check firbird documentation - how to do this proper