Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veryimportantdude
Contributor III
Contributor III

TOS 6.5 firebird connection

Hello

I am trying to connect to Firebird 2.5 on server.

My db file is on network share disk as is the database.

I am getting this error

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception. 335544375. unavailable database
Reason: unavailable database
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1106)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:316)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3983)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception. 335544375. unavailable database
Reason: unavailable database
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDataSource.getConnection(FBDataSource.java:122)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver.connect(FBDriver.java:131)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
... 9 more

e.g., I also cannot connect trough DBeaver

If I install everything on the server where my firebird database and files are it all works. 

Any suggestions?

thank you

Labels (2)
3 Replies
vapukov
Master II
Master II

Hi

database it not  only a file, it is a program wich run on server and provide access to data which stored in file, or it is dll installed on machine and provide same functional:

0683p000009M2j7.png

veryimportantdude
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have both options. But I would like that my remote connection is to the remote server. So only Talend runs on my machine. Otherwise I have to copy db file and do the etl later. 

vapukov
Master II
Master II

you can connect to remote machine, just you need check firbird documentation - how to do this proper