Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

Talend 7.2 CI builder remote server generation (CI/CD)

Hi,

I'm going through the CI Best practices from https://help.talend.com/reader/Zpzt_P_L6RrGuFyEnxwwqw/74u65XbXtYX5zFMRT6R02w where it recommends to use Commandline on the same CI server. Using it as a server is deprecated and not recommended. But, has anybody been able to make it work?

I've substituted the maven options with the ones shown below:

mavenOpts: '-Dgeneration.type=server -Dcommandline.host=[command_line_host] -Dcommandline.port=[command_line_port] -Dcommandline.user=[TAC_user] -Dlicense.path=[path_to_license_on_commandline_server] -DaltDeploymentRepository=snapshots::default::http://[artifactory_url]/artifactory/snapshots/ -Xms1024m -Xmx3096m')

This is throwing an error on Jenkins (shown at the bottom). Commandline is up and running, I can even see some temp stuff on its workspace created. If I just use the original local maven options it works, so it is not getting properly invoked as a server.

Any idea what it might be?

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.talend.ci:builder-maven-plugin:7.2.1:generate (default) on project code.Master: Fail to execute command: BuildItemSourcesCommand buildItemSources '_v0b2IBAjEeqQCam1J8CLFA' -iv '0.1': Have exceptions when execute the command: BuildItemSourcesCommand buildItemSources '_v0b2IBAjEeqQCam1J8CLFA' -iv '0.1': java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
[ERROR]   at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:191)[ERROR]    at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.java:31)[ERROR]       at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:179)[ERROR]      at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:70)[ERROR]        at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)[ERROR]    at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)[ERROR]       at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)[ERROR]   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)[ERROR] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException[ERROR]     at org.talend.commandline.command.execute.BuildItemSourcesExecuteCommand.execute(BuildItemSourcesExecuteCommand.java:97)[ERROR]  at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:189)[ERROR]   ... 7 more[ERROR] -> [Help 1]org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.talend.ci:builder-maven-plugin:7.2.1:generate (default) on project code.Master: Fail to execute command: BuildItemSourcesCommand buildItemSources '_v0b2IBAjEeqQCam1J8CLFA' -iv '0.1'
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.talend.ci:signer-maven-plugin:7.2.1:sign (sign) on project testjob: Check session id failed. -> [Help 1]org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.talend.ci:signer-maven-plugin:7.2.1:sign (sign) on project testjob: Check session id failed.

Thanks!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We have redirected your issue to our PM and experts and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Really thanks for your time!

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We have redirected your issue to our PM and experts and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Really thanks for your time!

Best regards

Sabrina

kkryczka
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

has this issue been resolved?

my team is getting similar error. 

thanks

kris

GGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

I'm afraid we went for the "local" commandline deployment at the end as couldn't make it work otherwise. If you have to perform it remotely you can try the P2 downloading that is mentioned in the documentation. Unfortunately we weren't able to test it as had to move on.

Regards,