Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PZak1659346628
Contributor
Contributor

Talend Open Studio for ESB - Deployment & Runtime

Hello,

I'm using Talend Open Studio for ESB and I was wondering for the Talend ESB version, there is Talend Administration Center which offers ESB Conductor and Job Conductor with logging features.

What's an open source way to:

1. deploy ESB routes, data services to runtime? Is it Karaf Container Runtime only?
  2. deploy DI standalone job to an execution JobServer? Which Job Servers are available for free to run DI Jobs?
  3. Is there any tool for centralized logging?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

So far, we haven't added support for job conductor in talend open solution.

Talend open studio enables you to build Jobs and thus deploy and execute those created in the Studio on any server independent of Talend Studio.

You are as well able to run job script file in cmd or other java application(Eclipse).

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

With talend open studio solution, there is no server part.

It means Talend Administration Center(job server) is available in talend subscription not open source.

Talend open studio for ESB solution has Talend studio and Talend ESB Container(execution container).

You are able to use build route feature to build a Route to an ESB Runtime KAR file in order to deploy it in Talend ESB Container.

Please have a look at this online documentation about:

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/studio-user-guide-open-studio-for-esb/building-routes

Best regards

Sabrina

PZak1659346628
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Sabrina. Routes will be deployed to ESB Runtime. What about Data Integration Jobs which you create in Job Designs section and can only be exported to Standalone Jobs? Usually in Talend ESB they are deployed to Job Conductor where you can control the start/stop execution. Is there anything similar and that is available open source which I can deploy my jobs to?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

So far, we haven't added support for job conductor in talend open solution.

Talend open studio enables you to build Jobs and thus deploy and execute those created in the Studio on any server independent of Talend Studio.

You are as well able to run job script file in cmd or other java application(Eclipse).

Best regards

Sabrina