Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA621858188
Creator
Creator

Trigger Talend jobs using Control M Scheduling

I am building ETL jobs in Talend Enterprise Studio.

How to run these jobs using Control-M scheduling tool? I need to know how can we configure the Control M to trigger the Talend jobs.

Appreciate your help.

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You are able to use control-M to schedule the jobs in TAC through a a metaservlet call.

Please refer to these online documentations about:

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/administration-center-metaservlet-api

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/administration-center-user-guide/calling-metaservlet

Don't hesitate to post your issue here.

Best regards

Sabrina

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ ,

Thank you for your reply. We are not using TAC so how can we use Control M job with Talend Job so that can trigger Talend job via Control M Tool.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You wanted to use control-M to schedule the jobs in studio?

`So far, you can export the job script, and then schedule it with third scheduler tool, such as crontab command on Linux, windows scheduler on Windows.

Best regards

Sabrina

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes. Control M. Is there any documentation for Control M to trigger Talend ETL jobs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

So far, there is no documentation/videos on how to trigger ETL jobs in talend studio using Control-M Scheduler as we do have our own scheduler in TAC.

There are two options to start Jobs on Jobserver without using the TAC UI:

1. Use the metaServlet commands to interact with TAC and trigger jobs
  2. Extract the job archive and run the job script (.sh|.bat) directly on the Jobserver.

As I mentioned above, it may be possible to create a script that uses either option, which can then be called from the scheduling application.

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ ,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please provide me what details we need to run the Talend jobs via TMC cloud?

any documentation with steps?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I need to check it with talend TMC experts and then come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards

Sabrina

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ 

Sure, please.

Thank you.