Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect to mysql db when running script created by Build Job in Talend Studio

Hi, 

I am new to Talend, just started to downloaded "Talend Open Studio for Data Integration", Version: 7.3.1.

I created a simple job with component tDBinput to connect and read a MySql table, then output to tFileDelimited. The job runs find within the Open Studio. But with the "Build Job" feature to export the job to run in command line, it gives "Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)", any idea what's wrong?

Exception in component tDBInput_1 (table_mysql_csv)
java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:129)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:97)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:122)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:836)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:456)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:246)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:199)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247)

Labels (3)
3 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

Are you executing build job from same machine where Talend ? If it different seem you should check for the database connectivity between that system, Luke you need to check for credentials.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Manohar B,
Yes, the build job is from the same machine where Talend studio is installed. I have no issue connecting the the DB using the same user/pass.
phiibuntu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi did you find a solution? I have almost same problem

posted here : https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00008TJPMTCA5/mysql-build-job-access-denied-with-good-...