Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
somersst
Contributor III
Contributor III

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jayway.jsonpath.PathNotFoundException after deploying job to server

When I run the job from Studio, I don't have any problem.

When I deploy the build job to our server, and run it from there I get the following Exception

Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/jayway/jsonpath/PathNotFoundException

at vivaldis_trendstop.update4d_0_5.Update4D.tWriteJSONField_1_InProcess(Update4D.java:19881)

at vivaldis_trendstop.update4d_0_5.Update4D$1ThreadXMLField_tWriteJSONField_1_Out.run(Update4D.java:8635)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jayway.jsonpath.PathNotFoundException

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)

... 2 more

Labels (2)
1 Reply
spanchal
Employee
Employee

1) Navigate to the location of the tFileInputJSON_java.xml file (for example, C:\Talend\6.4.1\Studio\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_6.4.1.20170623_1246\components\tFileInputJSON) and open the file in a text editor.

2) Scroll down to line 170, where you will see the following line:

<IMPORT NAME="json-path-2.1.0.jar" MODULE="json-path-2.1.0.jar" MVN="mvn:org.talend.libraries/json-path-1.2.0/6.0.0" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.json/lib/json-path-2.1.0.jar"

REQUIRED_IF="(READ_BY == 'JSONPATH')" />

3) Change the filepath so that it reflects the correct JAR that needs to be referenced:

<IMPORT NAME="json-path-2.1.0.jar" MODULE="json-path-2.1.0.jar" MVN="mvn:org.talend.libraries/json-path-2.1.0/6.0.0" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.json/lib/json-path-2.1.0.jar"

REQUIRED_IF="(READ_BY == 'JSONPATH')" />

4) Save the file and restart Studio; once you open your project and Job, the Maven changes will be reflected in your Nexus and JobServer. You can save and run the Job remotely now, and your Job will run using Job Conductor once again.