Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MZein
Contributor III
Contributor III

naming

Hi all,

I am trying to build OSGI bundle for my simple project but fortunately I ma stacking with name conventions used by POM.xml in talend (<groupId>@ProjectGroupId@</groupId>
<artifactId>@ProjectArtifactId@</artifactId>
<version>@ProjectVersion@</version> )

and I did not understand what does it means and how to replace it with the real values

Best Regards

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking here. Talend Studio is built on top of Eclipse. It is essentially a Java code generator. You can add your own code, but cannot just arbitrarily edit any of the generated code. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you explain what exactly you are trying to do here? If this is for a route or a service you have written, you can build your artefact as an OSGI bundle using the Studio. If this is not what you are trying to do, can you give a bit more of an explanation?

MZein
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

First thank you very much for your replay.

Secondly

I noted that talend can build OSGI just for project having ESB component. What I want to do exactly is to import my project to Eclipse as (Maven plugin or maven project ) and there I will have more freedom to deal with my project (i.e i can change the context adding some java classes .. etc) to summarize I can deal with talend project as a Java project in eclipse

Best Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do that with Talend. Talend Studio is built on Eclipse. If you are looking to add your own Java classes, you can do that with routines or beans. If you want to add code directly to your routes/services, this can be done with tJava, tJavaFlex, tJavaRow or cConfig components. Are you looking to do more than this?

MZein
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes but I feel more comfortable with eclipse however and really I am not too much familier with creating java codes in talend environment. However could you please give me links to some references that explain how to create classes and java codes in talend ?

Best regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

For Talend Routes you will need to create Beans (https://help.talend.com/reader/hFChkjKsKOCuSE5wFOdQhw/8mdoSnyoWYiK5ICJVCRQtQ).

For Talend Services/Jobs you will need to create Routines (https://help.talend.com/reader/rdFT_~0KCw3w97xxXtL9PA/DX142za295UHUaas3yRHLA)

MZein
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Last thing please . Is that means that I can use talend exactly on the same manner talend use Eclipse?

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking here. Talend Studio is built on top of Eclipse. It is essentially a Java code generator. You can add your own code, but cannot just arbitrarily edit any of the generated code. 

MZein
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok, it is clear now but talend generate OSGI just for projects that has ESB component and for project don't has ESB component it just offer standalone build. So I try to cerate OSGI for project having no ESB component

Regards