Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] save output in run-window to txt file

Hi All
Can I save output in run-window to txt file ?
Try to do it through Stats&logs settings
but only statistics gathered (may be also log)
2012-10-05 18:10:28;TCd7dK;TCd7dK;TCd7dK;6132;THINKBI_DEV;j_java01;_b-_1UA4iEeKoMfxGjj3v1A;0.1;Default;;begin;;
and I need full output
including logrow and print in java

Labels (2)
37 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Logrow? The message printed by tLogRow component? If so, you can use tFileOutputDelimited instead of tLogRow to output the result into file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Logrow? The message printed by tLogRow component? If so, you can use tFileOutputDelimited instead of tLogRow to output the result into file.

Hi Shong
Thanks for answer
All I need now - is to have same log as in Run window in txt file
Parent job calls many child job (in cycle) and I need common log of whole work
same as it in Run window
Now it runs manually from Talend (in future seems it will not be so)
Logrow needed but it is not as important as System.out.println() - the Most important now
Is it possible to direct output in Run window simultaneously in txt file ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
I understand you now. But it is impossible to log all the message printed on the console to a file. If the log message captured by tStatCatcher does not meet your need. Usually, we customize the log message with tFixedFlowInput and append them into an existing log file. such as "The job begin to run, the start time is:"+TalendDate.getCurrentDate()
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
if your running the job on a linux machine you could edit the shellscripts that runs the job to write all messages on the console into a .txt file?
java -Xms256M -Xmx256M -cp classpath.jar: repo.jbname.jbname --context=Default "$@" > /consoleoutput/example.txt
Regards,
Brandon
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
if your running the job on a linux machine you could edit the shellscripts that runs the job to write all messages on the console into a .txt file?
java -Xms256M -Xmx256M -cp classpath.jar: repo.jbname.jbname --context=Default "$@" > /consoleoutput/example.txt
Regards,
Brandon

Thanks
I run it now from Talend on Windows PC
is there syntax for Window ?
ps Talend is installed on Linux
but I coonecr from W7 PC station
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
I understand you now. But it is impossible to log all the message printed on the console to a file. If the log message captured by tStatCatcher does not meet your need. Usually, we customize the log message with tFixedFlowInput and append them into an existing log file. such as "The job begin to run, the start time is:"+TalendDate.getCurrentDate()

Thanks for answering
tFixedFlowInput is workaround
but I can't change now ALL jobs - (some of them are not mine just called from main job)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry for bring this topic up, but in fact I had same issue in the past and I wrote a component that does the trick.
It allows you to redirect all the output from System.out and/or System.err to files on disk.
Check it here:
tRedirectOutput
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/index.php?eid=837&product=tos&action=view
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks
I now work with
TAkend NOW
- but some guyas DO it - so I will send them
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry for bring this topic up, but in fact I had same issue in the past and I wrote a component that does the trick.
It allows you to redirect all the output from System.out and/or System.err to files on disk.
Check it here:
tRedirectOutput
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/index.php?eid=837&product=tos&action=view

Hi brazabr
I have trying to test your component tRedirectOutput and it does not redirect the log message to a text file, it seems the component don't generate any Java code in the job generated code, am I missing something? Can you share a demo job?
Shong
0683p000009MAFI.jpg