Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShreeniRao
Contributor
Contributor

tDBConnection_1 The server requested password-based authentication, but no password was provided

I am trying to publish a job from my Studio 7.3:Sept Patch to TMC and then run the job from TMC. My Talend Remote Engine is on our own VPC on AWS EC2.

We were advised to use TMC supported context variables to define database connections, our database is Postgres which is an Amazon RDS instance. However every time I run the Task on TMC I get an Null pointer exception on Password authentication on TMC. I have created the connection on TMC and made sure that the context variables are exactly like listed in the help document. The error is "

tDBConnection_1 The server requested password-based authentication, but no password was provided.org.postgresql.util.PSQLException"

This job runs successfully from my studio connected to the same database. I have also verified that I can login to the database from the EC2 instance where TRE is running.

Anyone can help me figure this out ? I am new to Talend.

Shreeni

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Password variable are not sent to the TMC, you need edit the value on the TMC

Anonymous
Not applicable

0693p00000C8NnvAAF.png