Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fred271828
Contributor
Contributor

tLibraryLoad of Maven artifact with a `classifier` to resolve NoClassDefFoundError

I'm trying to find a *single* location where I can configure a runtime classpath in Talend.

For standalone jobs I've been able to modify the `@3rdPartyLibIncludes@` section of the Maven assembly.xml (Project Settings > Maven > Standalone Job > Assembly) and then also updated the classpath in the .bat/.ps1/.sh scripts to include everything in the standalone zip's `lib` folder.  I've also modified the project's pom.xml to specify my external jar (a jar-with-dependencies) as a dependency of my Talend project.

But this doesn't work when running jobs directly from Talend Studio itself.  In that case I get a NoClassDefFoundError:

"Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/core/config/ConfigurationFactory"

So I modified my external code to build a jar-with-dependencies/uber-jar thinking that I could load that with a tLibraryLoad.  The problem is that tLibraryLoad expects a Maven URI of the form `mvn:<groupid>/<artifactId>/<version>/<type>` while Maven typically specifies its URIs with a different form `maven:<groupid>:<artifactId>:<type>:<classifier>:<version>`.  Note the inclusion of `<classifier>` in the second form (and colons in place of slashes).  In my case I need a "jar-with-dependencies" classifier.  How do I specify this in tLibraryLoad?  I already tried appending the <version-classifier> in place of the <version> string but this gives an error: "This jar is not installed in the artifact repository, [sic] please install it !" 

Ideally I'd prefer the tLibraryLoad to simply use the JAR version I've specified in the project's pom as I've done in assembly.xml with the following include: `<include>com.mygroupId:myArtifactId:jar:jar-with-dependencies</include>` which uses a proper Maven URI and which doesn't require specific artifact version number.  Is this possible?

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Regarding classifier, you should have a try with:
mvn:groupId/artifactId/version/type/classifier
(using the format from OPS4J Pax URL)

Best would be to not have to modify any pom / assembly.
Indeed the tLibraryLoad should be able to setup this. (more easy on 7.1.1 than 7.0 here)

Nicolas.