Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator

7.1.1 Remote engine of Linux version doesn't remove double quotation marks in context.

Hi

I'm upgrading Talend jobs from Talend 6.3.1 to Talend 7.1.1 . In 6.3.1, Talend Studio is on Windows and Job Server is on Linux. In 7.1.1, Talend Studio is on Windows and Remote engine is on Linux. 

In 6.3.1, in context variable I add double quotes to many strings, such as "receive_email_address1,receive_email_address2,receive_email_address3" . Both windows and linux version will remove double quotes when assign the value to the context variable. In 7.1.1, the code's behavior on windows is the same as 6.3.1 . However, remote server on linux doesn't remove double quotes. Many my upgraded jobs work fine on Talend Studio 7.1.1, but fails when I release them into Remote Server.

This is an example in 7.1.1:

context.Redshift_LC_AdditionalParams                     "?ssl=true"

Connection on Linux:                                                  ?loglevel=1&"?ssl=true"")

Connection on windows:                                             ?loglevel=1&?ssl=true")

Many Talend manuals suggest that I should use double quotation marks.

0683p000009M2UB.png

https://help.talend.com/reader/f7K7Ske_IJQxnWPHzBuOlw/pdiVb60Xyd7aWRGlqU3fQg

Warning:

It is recommended that you enclose the values of string type variables between double quotation marks to avoid possible errors during Job execution. “

Is it a bug in 7.1.1 Linux remote engine?

Thanks,

Bin

Labels (4)
0 Replies