Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Croix
Creator
Creator

AMC on Oracle -- talendMeter_DB IO Error: Connection reset

Hi, 

On longer running jobs, I keep getting a FATAL error with the message "talendMeter_DB IO Error: Connection reset". I know it is the AMC connection because if I turn the AMC off and run the job it completes without this error. 

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? 

We're using an Oracle ODA 12c for the AMC database.

Thanks!

Croix

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Croix
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, I've already created a case with support. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Here is online installation guide V 6.5 about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible databases.

Could you please refer it to see if your Oracle ODA 12c is in the supported list?

Best regards

Sabrina

Croix
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

The page connected to the link you shared said that Oracle 12c, the version we have, is not only supported but recommended so that's good.

The version of Talend we are using is the Talend Big Data Platform 6.2.1.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

With your Talend Big Data Platform 6.2.1 subscription solution, could you please create a case on talend support portal so that we can give you a remote assistance on your AMC Oracle DB connection issue through support cycle with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina

Croix
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, I've already created a case with support. 

Thank you!

Croix
Creator
Creator
Author

I figured this issue out. 

After I put a tFlowMeter and a tFlowMeterCatcher and wrote it to the AMC I stopped getting this error.

The way that I figured it out was that I looked in the flow meter table in the AMC database and noticed that there were almost no entries when I ran the job. I looked into it and figured out that the tFlowMeter and tFlowMeterCatcher wrote data to this table.

So, I think it was timing out because nothing was writing to the table. When I put these two components into the job and pointed them to the AMC flow meter table, the error went away.