Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dineshkumare
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Accessing the remote server shared directory files from Talend Managment Console

Hi Team,

We are receiving the input files on daily basis and the same has been placed in our remote server shared directory(username and password is required for accessing this directory). 

Below is the sample path for example

( \\servername\sourcefoldername\inputfile.txt)

We had designed a job with the below sequence and the same is working fine in the Talend Data Integration

1) tsystem(for building the connection to the remote server shared directory)

Below is the Command used in tsystem component 

net use \\servername\sourcefoldername /user:Domain\talenduser talendpassword

2) tfileinputdelimited (reading the input file from the shared directory)

3) tlogrow(printing the input data)

But while executing this job from Talend Management Console we are getting the below error

Exception in component tSystem_1 (read_shared_path_file_job) java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "net": error=2, No such file or directory

Can anyone please provide the solution to read the remote server shared directory files from the Talend Management Console

Note:

The remote server is not having any FTP access.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you running job on remote engine itself from TMC?

If the job is trying access a local folder, you should use an remote engine rather than Talend Cloud as runtime engine.

This is an internal KB article, I copy the contents here, hope it helps. 

Problem Description:

Tsystem does not work on the Remote Engine server though we have a big query cloud SDK installed on the server which uses the query passed by the job. We have verified that the big query command line utility works fine from every path and have tested multiple times. But when the job tries to use the same utility it gives me error like 'bq is not recognized as the internal or external command' which is a typical cmd error for not finding this utility. 

Root Cause:

This behavior is because the Remote Engine is probably running with a different (system) account, it seems that the Path variable is not correctly set.

Workaround:

A workaround for this is to set the home directory in the tSystem component. You can also set the Path once for all jobs in the following file for example: E:\TalendRemoteEngine\etc\Talend Remote Engine-wrapper.conf and, add this property: set.PATH=E:\Google Cloud SDK\google-cloud-sdk\bin;%PATH%, and restart the Talend Remote Engine service.

The big query command should then run successfully against the sdk, either using a single or array command.

Best regards

Sabrina

dineshkumare
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks for your quick response.

As per my understanding as a solution, I have to select the remote engine during the runtime.

But I can able to find Cloud and Cloud Exclusive options only during runtime, not able to find the remote engines which is configured already in the Engines Tab.

Please find the attached screenshot

0695b00000Hu2r2AAB.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If you need to create remote engine cluster, please refer to the documentation TalendHelpCenter: Creating Remote Engine clusters

Feel free to let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina