Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitdadri
Contributor
Contributor

Aggregating/ Grouping the data

Hi,

I have a requirement , where I have gathered the data in normalised form, now I need to send emails, based on it.

Based on unique (email and KeyData column), I have to send a email. For example for first two line I need to send 1 email, for 3rd line a separate email, and again for 4 and 5 line separate email, as the combination of email and KeyData is different.

FirstName;Email;KeyData;EndDate;Element

Sumit;sumit@gmail.com;A111;2020-08-06;TstEle001

Sumit;sumit@gmail.com;A111;2020-08-06;TstEle022

Ravi;ravi@gmail.com;A111;2020-08-09;TstEle044

Sumit;sumit@gmail.com;A444;2020-08-06;TstEle055

Sumit;sumit@gmail.com;A444;2020-08-01;TstEle044

Can you please suggest on how to group and send it to tSendEmail component.

to the tSendEmail component, I need to pass Element and EndDate fields in the body.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You can use tAggreGateRow to group the data based on key columns email and KeyData, and get the list of Element and EndDate fields, then, use a tFlowToIterate to iterate each group and send an email, see below.

0693p000009Sz5GAAS.png

0693p000009Sz5LAAS.png

Regards

Shong

amitdadri
Contributor
Contributor
Author

0693p000009Sz5fAAC.pngHi @Shicong Hong​ 

Much thanks for the reply, I did already try this and I'm getting error while grouping as you suggested

Warning:the operation 'list_object' for the output column 'Element' can't be processed because of incompatible input and/or output types

Warning:the operation 'list_object' for the output column 'EndDate' can't be processed because of incompatible input and/or output types

0693p000009Sz5kAAC.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I read the data with string type and select 'List' function from the Function List.