Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug while generating a Surrogate key for Incremental Load.

Hi,

I have a job in which i am loading two tables, in those tables i am generating Surrogate id,

The process which I am generating this is, before running the job I am taking the max value of that column into a context and using this context for incrementing by 1 for each row.

Here the bug which I found is that, Suppose I am loading the 1st job after that i am using onsubjobOk to start the second job.

in this case the context value of 1st job itself is taking by 2nd job as well, instead of taking its own context value.

Can anyone help me how to avoid this situation.

Quick help is appreciated.

Regards

ShaX

Labels (3)
24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any help on this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please add screenshots of the latest job flow, your current sequence generation process and the stage where you are facing issue with some sample records? 

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @nthampi ,

PFA screenshots for your reference.

The job:

0683p000009M6K7.png

Assigning the value to the context in Tmap2 in above picture.

0683p000009M6KC.png

Using Numaric.sequence and context for to load the table.

0683p000009M6KH.pngThe problem is not coming while loading single table.

it is coming wile loading all tables in bulk.

Regards

ShaX

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Basically, the error am getting is 

ORA-00001: unique constraint (XXXXXXXX.DW_DIM_LOAN_MASTER_PK) violated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please show me how you are allocating context variables using tMap? Ideally you should use a tContextLoad or tjavarow to assign the values to context variables.

Did you print and checked whether the assignment is correctly done?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't have screenshot of the output i printed, but i shared the screenshot in the above conservation.

It works.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Can you please mail me on this mail, so that i can share my job.
sharukh.talend@gmail.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Unfortunately I will not be able to share my email id. If you are looking for a screen sharing session, I would recommend you to raise a support ticket and they will look into the issue.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No worries @nthampi ,

Can you tell me the process to raise the ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Am using Open studio,

Can I raise a ticket?