Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pete5
Contributor II
Contributor II

Build job creates an empty .jar file

Hi

I am using TOSDI V5.6.3 (forced to use this version so i can't upgrade) but when i build the job, the main .jar that is created is empty, apart from manifest.  

Contents of zip job archive:0683p000009M2xd.png

If i try to manually compile the .java file (using javac) I get 28  errors of this type:

MIS_Updates.java:5075: error: unmappable character for encoding UTF8

""), "", "");

So far i have checked that all necessary modules are loaded and i have tried the "Add classpath jar in exported jobs" setting in preferences but this did not help.

The job built ok in V5.6.1 and I am running jdk 8 on MacOSX 10.14

Thanks for your help

Pete

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pete5
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sabrina

Thanks for the advice on this.  I was able to fix this issue, it was due to an incomplete installation and a mis-understanding on my part on how to install additional modules/JARs needed.  So all happy now and working

Kind Regards

Pete

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Starting from V 6.0, talend products require java 8. Could you please try to use java 7 in your V 5.6.3 to see if it works?

Make sure that you do save your job before exporting it.

Best regards

Sabrina

pete5
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sabrina

Thanks for the advice on this.  I was able to fix this issue, it was due to an incomplete installation and a mis-understanding on my part on how to install additional modules/JARs needed.  So all happy now and working

Kind Regards

Pete

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Glad this issue is fixed. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina