Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HY3
Contributor
Contributor

Build job type - Axis Webservice (WAR) option missing

The build job type WAR has been removed from the new version 7.3.1

Is there another way to create WAR file ?

Thanks

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using talend open studio for data integration solution?

Talend open studio for ESB is a special product for building the web services, including SOAP web servcie and Rest web service, it allows you to build the web service to accept XML, json or other contents.

Best regards

Sabrina

aminegac
Creator
Creator

i still wonder if there is a way to build our job as a WEB service api ( WAR extension ) because we only have standalone option now in 7.3.1 it would be so interesting if there is a way to do it ; it facilitates a lot the work to be done later after finishing a job

@Xiaodi Shi​ more important this feature make talend better than many other competitor ETLs i hope we can find a way to build a job as a war

Talend OS 4 yrs / Java 17 Web Dev
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Starting from V 6.4, we has deprecated Axis exports in build job

Here is the related jira issue: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18033

Any specific requirement to build your DI job as a WEB service api?

Currently services created in the Studio are exclusively targeted for the Talend Runtime.

Talend open studio for ESB is a special product for building the web services, including SOAP web servcie and Rest web service, it allows you to build the web service to accept XML, json or other contents.

Best regards

Sabrina

aminegac
Creator
Creator

ah okay , thx for the info .i will start using this ESB tool maybe , if it"s free to use .

the reason is that building a job as a rest api for exp will make us launch the job any time from any device even from mobile phone , we just type our server address and port and name of job , and we pass as many dynamic variables as possible .

this feature may be oen of the reasons to let us choose talend rather than pentaho and others competitor ETLs .

Talend OS 4 yrs / Java 17 Web Dev