Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suttong
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use a uri to get Excel file from source control for Talend "File Excel" component?

Hi There,

I have a File Excel component that imports an Excel sheet containing source to target transformations. I use this file to create a table in a staging schema and that table is subsequently used as a lookup component in ETL jobs.

We are looking to move the Talend project to Linux application server and run it as a .jar file as part of the scripted migration procedure. Accordingly, having a file referenced on my local PC where I am developing Talend jobs, is not going to work well when moved to the server. I want to be able to either (option 1) reference the file on server at a directory specified (i.e. a linux directory e.g. /external_source_files OR (option 2) use a uri to access the file from Git repo in source control. Is this possible. Either option would work for me. Probably the simpler option (option 1) would be more tolerant to potential error.

Also, are they any 3rd party drivers that need to be installed on the Linux host to allow the file to be accessed by TOS during runtime?

I am running TOS for data integration (Version: 7.2.1)

Any help with this appreciated?

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

According to my experience,first, I would define the file path as a context variable, so that I can assign a new value if the file path changes in future, don't need to open the job in studio and modify it. Second, I would move the file to server where the job is executed or put the file to FTP server, download the file from FTP server to local system using tFTPxxx components in the job before it is read.

Regards

Shong