Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III

Cannot connect to teradata

Hi All,

I used the Talend 6.3.1 before and I was able to connect to the teradata connection perfectly.

However now I have upgraded it to Talend 6.5.1 and I kept getting error connecting to teradata!

I have even imported my old works and design works and tried running but it still says "Connection Failure: You must change your database setting"

Is there anything that I have missed while during the upgrade?

Pls help!! 0683p000009MPcz.png

Thanks

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is there any missing double quote in your field? Are you able to create a new DB connection for teradata in V 6.5 to see if the DB connection is OK with you?

If you don't mind, could you please open the error log generated automatically by the Studio to see whether you have error stack trace there; if you do, we will appreciate it a lot if you can paste it here.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is online documentation about:TalendHelpCenter:Upgrading your Talend products for V 6.5. Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi xdshi,

I dont think I have put any double quotes into the inputs .. I have just unzip the projects into the talend 6.5.1

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 16.20.00.02] [Error 1276] [SQLState 08S01] Exceeded login timeout
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1106)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:316)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3983)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 16.20.00.02] [Error 1276] [SQLState 08S01] Exceeded login timeout
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:95)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:70)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericTeradataConnection.checkRemainingLoginTime(GenericTeradataConnection.java:459)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.connectToHost(TDNetworkIOIF.java:457)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.createSocketConnection(TDNetworkIOIF.java:156)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.<init>(TDNetworkIOIF.java:142)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericTeradataConnection.getIO(GenericTeradataConnection.java:142)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericLogonController.run(GenericLogonController.java:100)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.<init>(TDSession.java:211)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6_SQL_Connection.<init>(JDK6_SQL_Connection.java:36)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6ConnectionFactory.constructSQLConnection(JDK6ConnectionFactory.java:25)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:178)
at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:168)
at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.doConnect(TeraDriver.java:236)
at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.connect(TeraDriver.java:162)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
... 9 more

This was the error log that came up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It is a timeout issue from your side. What's Teradata Database version are you using? The installation of talend V 6.5 is complete? All the associated jars are automatically installed in talend V 6.5?

Best regards

Sabrina

sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi xdshi,

Currently Teradata 14.

How do i check if all the jars has been completely installed?

Not sure if all the associated jars are automatically installed in Talend v6.5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

@sszzxx wrote:

Hi xdshi,

Currently Teradata 14.

How do i check if all the jars has been completely installed?

Not sure if all the associated jars are automatically installed in Talend v6.5

Please have a look at this online documentation:TalendHelpCenter:Installing external modules

Best regards

Sabrina

sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi xdshi,

I have check and saw that all the required jar were successfully installed.

tdgssconfig and terajdbc4 were there in the modules.

Is there any other reasons why it would not work? 0683p000009MPcz.png

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We need more information to address your issue.

Are you able to create a new DB connection for teradata in V 6.5 to see if your Teradata DB connection is OK with you?

Best regards

Sabrina