Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change date format and get date from only month and year in string i.e. April 2011

hi,

I want to change the date format from a string as my data provide only in month i.e. April 2011. Now I want to change it into date type also get the day.

If you can help me, I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Look at the code below. I have done exactly what you asked for with the assumption that you can use the 1st of the month as the day. I have hardcoded the month, year and day in this example. The code you are interested in (for a tMap, etc) is the line that starts "Date myDate = ". Essentially I am concatenating the date components and using a Java date format of "yyyy MM dd". Give it a try in a tJava and experiment with it.

String month = "July";
String year = "2012";

Date myDate = routines.TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy MMM dd", year+" "+month+" 01");

System.out.println(routines.TalendDate.formatDate("yyyy-MM-dd", myDate));

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Look at the code below. I have done exactly what you asked for with the assumption that you can use the 1st of the month as the day. I have hardcoded the month, year and day in this example. The code you are interested in (for a tMap, etc) is the line that starts "Date myDate = ". Essentially I am concatenating the date components and using a Java date format of "yyyy MM dd". Give it a try in a tJava and experiment with it.

String month = "July";
String year = "2012";

Date myDate = routines.TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy MMM dd", year+" "+month+" 01");

System.out.println(routines.TalendDate.formatDate("yyyy-MM-dd", myDate));