Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushantk19
Creator
Creator

Changing the load timestamp on remote server

hello,

I have migrated my Talend jobs on remote server. when i run my jobs there, the load timestamp is coming 1 hr behind local time i.e i am getting UTC timestamp instead of local time( which is 1 hr ahead).

In tmap, i am using the logic as:

TalendDate.getCurrentDate() 

I do not want to change my code. is there a way i can handle this without making the change in code?Also, its not possible to change the server time :(. Any suggestions

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You can run this Java code to change the timezone on a tJava in the beginning of job.

java.util.TimeZone.setDefault(java.util.TimeZone.getTimeZone("America/Los_Angeles"));

// replace "America/Los_Angeles" to your local timezone

Regards

Shong

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

@shong: any other solution instead of using tjava? I have no knowledge of java hence wanted to avoid this.

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

@Shicong Hong​ : how should my job design look like? Please see the attached job dedesign. it says tJava component needs an input link.

my issue is that there is one field i am maintaining in my target database i.e load_at. it is getting loaded with remote server timezone(UTC) which is 1 hr behind the CET. all other fields are coming correct. how can i handle this. i do not want to change the ETL logic in 150 jobs.