Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GGa1607660255
Contributor
Contributor

Getting error "ora-01722 invalid number" on my toracleinput component in where condition for date

Hello,

I am getting "ora-01722 invalid number" error in my toracleinput component in where condition for date.

i am attaching screen shot for my component below.

i am giving query like this in my toracleinput component.

"select * from table_name

where trunc(date_modified)>to_char('"+(Date)globalMap.get("g_file_load_date")+"' , 'dd-MM-yyyy') 

and trunc(date_modified)<to_char(current_date,'dd-MM-yyyy')

and gbank_id="+context.db_bankid+""

Below lines getting error :

where trunc(date_modified)>to_char('"+(Date)globalMap.get("g_file_load_date")+"' , 'dd-MM-yyyy').

On my first component , i.e logs.log_table(tpostgressqlinput component) it will return date format like "dd-MM-yyyy' which i passing to my global variable component.

Labels (3)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You are using tFlowToIterate to iterate the input rows, the expression of accessing the input column is:

row3.columName

or

(java.util.Date)globalMap.get("row3.columName")

So, try to update your query on tOracleInput and test again.

Regards

Shong

GGa1607660255
Contributor
Contributor
Author

in my tFlowToIterate component is used "g_file_load_date" as key for "data_processed_date" as value.

so is write "to_char('"+(Date)globalMap.get("g_file_load_date")+"' , 'dd-MM-yyyy')"

in my where condition.

And my first component query is :

"Select max(data_processed_date) data_processed_date

from table where table_name=...." from which i got 'data_processed_date'0693p00000AbFdnAAF.pngi attached the screen shot for tFlowToIterate component.

iamabhishek
Creator III
Creator III

I don't think this is a Talend issue per se and could very well be with your Oracle query, the table and the datatype defined for the columns and also the data that you are trying to query.

For debugging purpose, were you able to run the query successfully in your oracle database, it's always better to print your complete query and see if it's correctly framed - think it of like a Java string.

Also, what value does context.db_bankid hold?

GGa1607660255
Contributor
Contributor
Author

context.db_bankid not have issue in my job because it return correct value.

it getting from my master job.

i think "to_char('"+(Date)globalMap.get("g_file_load_date")+"' , 'dd-MM-yyyy')" is any syntax wrong or what?

iamabhishek
Creator III
Creator III

As I said, print the complete query and test it out in your Oracle database.

Your error says about invalid number so I doubt it has to anything with date - please paste the complete query

GGa1607660255
Contributor
Contributor
Author

how to print complete query in talend?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Have a try to remove the single quote from the to_char() function,

to_char("+(Date)globalMap.get("g_file_load_date")+" , 'dd-MM-yyyy') 

Regards

Shong

GGa1607660255
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

if i remove single quote from query. then it will give me error like "ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis"..

my query in toracleinput component is like :

"select * from table_name

where gbank_id="+globalMap.get("db_bankid")+" and

trunc(date_modified)>to_char("+(Date)globalMap.get("g_file_load_date")+",'dd-MM-yyyy')

"