Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check for Date in Filename in tFileList

Hi , Need some help in talend job. I am using tFileList to process list of files with same structure. i am loading data to table. Need to know how to process these file based on date. I will pass date value as parameter at run time. so if date is satisfied then process else no need to process Example : (4 different files with different 2 dates) C:\Users\stango\source\SrcFolder 20180313file1.txt 20180313file2.txt 20180313file3.txt 20180313file4.txt 20180310file1.txt 20180310file2.txt 20180310file3.txt 20180310file4.txt Please help me how to do this in talend? Thanks

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try using the tFileProperties component. The instructions are here: https://help.talend.com/reader/WWQ40R_iTE5~~9VkUQrjgQ/eIlUKdQbx8ra~XliW2EoPA
dasari16
Contributor II
Contributor II

use tFileExit and if exist, complete your job else terminate. Identify correct Regular expression  and pass it in file path. Your flow should like below

tFileExist -----> Run If (((Boolean)globalMap.get("tFileExist_1_EXISTS")))  ---- > Rest of the Job

|

| Run If !(((Boolean)globalMap.get("tFileExist_1_EXISTS"))) 

tJavaRow (File does not exist)

Thanks

Venkatanaveen Dasari