Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJ3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Code set Conversion issue even after changing character encoding to UTF8

Hi,

My job is moving data from Informix to tlogrow component and even after fixing the character encoding settings, I am still getting code set conversion error.

There are international characters in one of the columns. Is there any other way to handle this issue? Should I change something on the informix side?

Thanks!

SJ

0693p00000AcfOXAAZ.png

Labels (3)
6 Replies
SJ3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have checked where it is failing. It has data like this:

"State/province code 佛罗里达 is greater than the maximum allowed length of 3"

So in this case the talend tInformixInput component cannot even read this data no matter what output I choose. Has anyone faced this issue before?

Thanks,

SJ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It seems to be a limitation of informix jdbc driver. 

Have you tried to add charSet=windows-1250 in Advanced Settings -> Additional Jdbc parameters to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

SJ3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I tried this. But it didn't work. Is there any other thing which I can try?

SJ

0693p00000BAj6AAAT.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Informix Error Code -23103 Code-set conversion function failed due to an illegal sequence or invalid value.

Illegal or invalid characters occur in the character string. The program could not execute the code-set conversion on the characters that this string contains. Re-examine the input string for illegal or invalid characters and re-execute the program.

Is it possible to change Chinese character into English?

Best regards

Sabrina

SJ3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I am reading it from an informix table. How can I change the chinese characters? Do you Know?

Thanks!

SJ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I will make an investigation and consult to my manager on your issue and then come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards

Sabrina