Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwnetwork
Creator
Creator

Column NULL not in table

Hi Community,

It's my first time writing to an idb2 table that is already created.  In my ETL process, I get an SFTP file, then do some lookups in a tmap to bring in more columns and then I need to write to an idb2 table.  This is where I get the following error:

Exception in component tAS400Output_1
java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0205] Column NULL not in table X

I am able to write to a tfileoutputdelimited file just fine, however, when I try to write to the system table, there is something going on with the null values.

I have literal null values that will be coming in on the SFTP file. 

Screenshots to help paint the picture are attached.

This is an critical piece in the ETL process, so looking for any and all suggestions!!

Thank you in advance!!

Michelle

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwnetwork
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok, looks like I was able to figure out the Column NULL not in table error.  Turns out the input file had a comma as delimiter and not a tab, so I changed it to a comma and the error disappeared.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

It seems the screen shots are missing in your post.

Also could you please share the schema details of your target table?

I believe its trying to identify column NULL in Table X which may not be available. 

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

rwnetwork
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for responding nikhilthampi, I made sure the images loading this time and provided the schema of the Target table.

Any more thoughts from anyone with the pics now uploaded?

Thanks!

rwnetwork
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok, looks like I was able to figure out the Column NULL not in table error.  Turns out the input file had a comma as delimiter and not a tab, so I changed it to a comma and the error disappeared.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mmiller32 

Its a common mistake where we forget to mention the right delimiter in the file. Happy to hear that you have made correction in the delimiter and things are working fine.

Could you please mark the topic as resolved since you have got the solution? It will help other Talend community members during their reference.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved