Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
et123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Connect Talend To Odoo database

Hi,

I tried to connect to Odoo through JDBC API, but I just got a trial version for the jdbc driver odoo, and later it becomes paid.

Is there any other solution to make the connection ? someone told me to make it with RESTFUL, do anyone have an idea about it? thank you so much in advance!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know Odoo database, however, If the Odoo database provides RESTFUL API, you can use tRest component to call the API in Talend job.

Regards

Shong

gjeremy1617088143

Hi @eya tounsy​ , on many forum i've seen that the Odoo jdbc driver have a lot of issue so don't use it , as @Shicong Hong​ says and i'm following him on it, use rest component , by experience i've worked with other ERP and the most efficient way to acces data was by api. Odoo have surely a complete documentation on how to use their api like other ERP.

Send me love and kudos

et123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, thank you for your answers, but can you just explain more how to do it?

I don't need to set firstly a connection in Talend with odoo? (In Metadata section)

I just need to create a job and add tRest component and set the odoo URL, that's all ?

Thank you.