Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II

Connecting Talend Studio to Firebird DB

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a Metadata connection to Firebird DB. It keeps giving me the following error:

RMotta2408_0-1706197994974.png

I can connect to this database using other tools like FlameRobin and DBeaver, without any problems. I'm able to create/drop/insert/update/delete tables with no problems at all.

But not with Talend Studio.

If, instead of trying to create a Metadata connection, I try to connect to it using the tFirebirdConnection or tFirebirdInpit  components, I get the following error:

Exception in component tDBConnection_1 (Firebird_Connection)
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception. 335544421. connection rejected by remote interface
Reason: connection rejected by remote interface

Can anyone please help me with this problem?

Thank you so much,
Rui

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello everybody,

So, a little update. 

I used the tLibraryLoad component before connecting to the database (tFirebaseConnection) and I used it to load Jaybird v5. The component asks for version 2 (or 2.1) as the default version.

The Job looks like this and it works:

RMotta2408_0-1706282707886.png

But still, there is this warning message:

WARNING: WARNING: No connection character set specified (property lc_ctype, encoding, charSet or localEncoding), defaulting to character set NONE

Does anyone know how to address this?

Thanks,
Rui

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello everybody,

So, a little update. 

I used the tLibraryLoad component before connecting to the database (tFirebaseConnection) and I used it to load Jaybird v5. The component asks for version 2 (or 2.1) as the default version.

The Job looks like this and it works:

RMotta2408_0-1706282707886.png

But still, there is this warning message:

WARNING: WARNING: No connection character set specified (property lc_ctype, encoding, charSet or localEncoding), defaulting to character set NONE

Does anyone know how to address this?

Thanks,
Rui

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello @RMotta2408 

Here is a related topic about connecting to firebird.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Connect-to-Firebird-4/m-p/2330339

Hope it helps for your warning issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Sabrina,

Thanks for the reply. 

I followed the solution provided in the link you sent me and I now get the following message, even though the Job runs ok.

SEVERE: Can't register plugin (skipping): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Duplicate JDBC URL pattern detected: URL jdbc:firebirdsql:local:, plugin LOCAL, other plugin NATIVE; see debug level for stacktrace

Just to be on the same page, what I did was add the lines below to the firebird.conf file:

AuthServer = Legacy_Auth

AuthClient = Legacy_Auth

UserManager = Legacy_UserManager

WireCrypt = Disabled

Rui