Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSey
Creator
Creator

Connecting to local MS SQL

Hi

I'm trying to connect to a local MS SQL database, but not having any luck. It's giving me this error:

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'Desktop-6CVODP3\Johnny'. ClientConnectionId:734730f0-439e-41c0-aa4e-07bdd2098f5f

Here are my MS SQL connection settings:

0693p00000BXJtCAAX.png 

I know I have the wrong data base name in there (I was testing something and I have the instance name in there). I have tried with the db name and that didn't work either. I'm running 32 bit Talend TOS_DI-Win32-20200219_1130-V7.3.1 and

Java JRE 8. I'm not sure if I need JRE 11 or Talend Open Studio DI 64 bit for MS SQL connection to work.

In MS SQL management I have mix authentication enabled. I have tried to authenticate using window user credentials. The user I'm using has sysadmin role within MS SQL

0693p00000BXJuZAAX.png 

The first time I tested the connection, Talend requested sqljdbc to be install, and I gave it the wrong version and didn't renamed it to sql_jdbc.jar. I have since manually added the correct version of sdljdbc from the view module screen (but I'm not 100% if it's now installed correctly).

0693p00000BXJtHAAX.png 

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

the value you have entered in "Login" , try to change it to only "Jhonny".

JSey
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work. I still get login failed.

JSey
Creator
Creator
Author

On a hunch, I made my own user in MS SQL using MS SQL authentication, and that seems to have worked. I think if I wanted to use windows authentication, I probably need a different connection string or parameter.

Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

yes @Johnny Sey​  you are right, there are some parameters like "IntegratedSecurity" which we need to pass in the jdbc to authenticate using Windows Login.

Great you find a solution