Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pclay
Contributor
Contributor

Connection Timed Out SQL Server

I have created a project that pulls a json string from dynamoDB and extracts the json string and inserts it into an aws rds instance of SQL Server.  It runs great as a local project.  The issue is, as soon as I move it to the cloud, it fails with a connections timed out error.  I have also tried this with an on-prem SQL Server and get the same error.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Step 6ce9beab-83f2-4d7e-be1d-b1e479ffdbeb failed with code -1 and error Job stopped with errors or unable to run. ### Job STARTED at 2019/08/12 12:34:06 (jobId=4987a3dc84431d6093622, jobExecutionId=20190812123405_FdywK) ### ### Job ENDED WITH ERROR at 2019/08/12 12:36:20 (jobId=4987a3dc84431d6093622, jobExecutionId=20190812123405_FdywK) ### Exception in component tDBOutput_1 (dynamoJSONtoSQLServerDev) java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:436) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at local_project.dynamojsontosqlserverdev_0_1.dynamoJSONtoSQLServerDev.tDynamoDBInput_1Process(dynamoJSONtoSQLServerDev.java:11937) at local_project.dynamojsontosqlserverdev_0_1.dynamoJSONtoSQLServerDev$2.run(dynamoJSONtoSQLServerDev.java:20486) Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.createSocketForJDBC3(SharedSocket.java:288) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.<init>(SharedSocket.java:251) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:331)

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you are using a Cloud Remote Jobserver, could you please check whether the IP address has been white-listed in Security groups of AWS? Since its workign fine from your machine, the issue could be something related to IP blocking.

Please refer the AWS documentation for details.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/Overview.RDSSecurityGroups.html

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

pclay
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The IP address has been whitelisted in AWS.  I have also tried running it in an on-prem sql server and I am getting the same error.  I have checked permissions in SQL Server and nothing I have tried works.