Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGarouachi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Connection to PostgreSQL Database fails

I'm trying to make a connection to a PostgreSQL database which is located in a remote server using Talend Open Studio for Big Data v7.3.1 the problem is that the server requires SSL certificates. I tried many ways but It still fails. Here are the connection strings that I tried and the log errors in TOS BD

• With SSL mode disabled jdbc:postgresql://xx.xx.xx.xx:5432/dbName?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory&sslmode=disable :

Exception in component tDBConnection_1 (DB_Connection)

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: pg_hba.conf rejects connection for host "my.ip.address.here", user "user", database "databasename", SSL off

• Without specifying SSL mode ( default mode) jdbc:postgresql://xx.xx.xx.xx:5432/dbName?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory :

org.postgresql.ssl.PGjdbcHostnameVerifier verify

GRAVE: Server name validation failed: hostname xx.xx.xx.xx does not match common name xxxxx

Exception in component tDBConnection_1 (DB_Connection)

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The hostname xx.xx.xx.xx could not be verified by

hostnameverifier PgjdbcHostnameVerifier

• If I omit SSL parameters part in the connection like this jdbc:postgresql://xx.xx.xx.xx:5432/dbName? it asks for a valid client certificate.

NB:I can connect to the database using the pgadmin the problem is with Talend open Studio.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EGarouachi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thank you but the solution was to put the certificates locations in the connection string with specifying the ssl mode :

ssl=true&sslmode=prefer&sslcert=DirectoryToSslCertificates/client.crt&sslkey=DirectoryToSslCertificates/clientkey.pk8&sslrootcert=DirectoryToSslCertificates/root.crt

(dont forget to change the certificates formats with openssl commands,I had .pem files)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is a KB article about: Three ways to set a truststore for an SSL/TLS connection in a Job

Let us know if it is what you are looking for?

Best regards

Sabrina

EGarouachi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello ,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried this way too but I still have the same problem​ of mismatching common name and hostname.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is an article about: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55545924/how-to-solve-the-error-connection-could-not-be-allocate...

Let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

EGarouachi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thank you but the solution was to put the certificates locations in the connection string with specifying the ssl mode :

ssl=true&sslmode=prefer&sslcert=DirectoryToSslCertificates/client.crt&sslkey=DirectoryToSslCertificates/clientkey.pk8&sslrootcert=DirectoryToSslCertificates/root.crt

(dont forget to change the certificates formats with openssl commands,I had .pem files)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your solution with us.

Best regards

Sabrina