Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Pancake
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to develop a simple pipeline for Salesforce. I'm using https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/52.0 connection because I use Scratch/Sandbox.

I have a Contact component which has 249 columns. Talend sees all of them (they had been created before a connection was established). Now, if I try to add a new custom field and click on "Retrieve Salesforce Modules" in Metadata a new field is not visible for Talend.

In an attempt to work around this, I clicked directly on tMap and the component (tSalesforceOutput2) itself and manually added the name of the new field using 'Edit schema' on the component. 

Nevertheless, when I tried to load the data I encountered the following error:

failed to release the resource in tSalesforceOutput_2 :Contact: bad field names on insert/update call: MK_test_string__c

Exception in component tSalesforceOutput_2 (dev)

java.io.IOException: Contact: bad field names on insert/update call: MK_test_string__c

at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.handleReject(SalesforceWriter.java:536)

at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.doUpsert(SalesforceWriter.java:454)

at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.upsert(SalesforceWriter.java:418)

at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.write(SalesforceWriter.java:191)

MK_test_string__c is for sure a proper name (copied directly from Object Builder). I work in Talend Open Studio for Biga Data 8.0.

I would be grateful for a small hint what can be a reason for that error. How can I get Talend to see this new field?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Not defined Not defined​ ,

Could you please double check if the field MK_test_string__c is setup as 'visible' and 'editable' in salesforce?

Someone met the similar issue

see https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008lBwIAI

Best regards

Aiming

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Not defined Not defined​ ,

Could you please double check if the field MK_test_string__c is setup as 'visible' and 'editable' in salesforce?

Someone met the similar issue

see https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008lBwIAI

Best regards

Aiming

Mr_Pancake
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you very much. I thought this was not the problem but it is. 

In case this is useful to anyone:

In addition to the settings in the field itself (which I had ticked correctly), there may still be a need to check this in the Profiles.  So, go to:

Setup -> Profiles -> pick profile by which you are connecting to Salesforce -> Object Settings and there select "Edit" and tick the "Edit Access" for the field you need. Should be ok after that!