Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tasfiahm
Creator
Creator

Context Variable value not working

Hi Expert,

I am using a t_OutputExcel component to write data in a folder. In the file output file name, I am using multiple context variable to define the directory as well as file name.

I am using a talend getdate function to get the month :

TalendDate.formatDate("MMyy",(TalendDate.getFirstDayOfMonth(TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),-1,"MM")))).toString()

The Hardcoded function works correctly but when I assign the same value in the context variable It is giving me an error:

[statistics] connected
[FATAL]: talend_default.tFileOutputExcel_1 \\me\d\2\E\D\l_1218-TalendDate.formatDate("MMyy",(TalendDate.getFirstDayOfMonth(TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),-1,"MM")))).toString().xlsx (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
Exception in component tFileOutputExcel_1
java.io.FileNotFoundException: \\me\d\2\E\D\l_1218-TalendDate.formatDate("MMyy",(TalendDate.getFirstDayOfMonth(TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),-1,"MM")))).toString().xlsx (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.ExcelTool.writeExcel(ExcelTool.java:294)

I have two options: ( I preffer option 2 just defining the Integer value -1)

1. Is using the  full function inside the context: (TalendDate.getFirstDayOfMonth(TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),-1,"MM")))).toString()

2. Using only the -1 to define the month and then call it : 

context.NM_END_MMYY  >type int > value -1 

(TalendDate.getFirstDayOfMonth(TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(), + context.NM_END_MMYY +,"MM")))).toString()

Currently, I am coding it like this:

File Name::

context.NM_MSK + TalendDate.formatDate("MMyy",(TalendDate.getFirstDayOfMonth(TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(), -2,"MM")))).toString() + "-" + context.END_MMYY + ".xlsx"

Labels (3)
4 Replies
vapukov
Master II
Master II

Hi,

you can not use functions as a context value - this is no doubt

you must use context for store fixed part of name + function for define variable part of the name

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, you can't use functions in the Contexts section of the Studio, but you can use functions if you set the Context at the beginning of the job in a tJava or similar. If the first component of the job is a tJava with the expression shown in the first screenshot, then it should work OK.

context.MyContextVariable = routines.SomeFunction(someParam);

That would work.

Tasfiahm
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Can you explain the solution a little bit more. 

In the actual job I am using a parameter text file to load the context values. In my job I am not hard coding any context value. I am only defining the context name and call it from a text file.

So how I can define the numeric (-2) value in a context variable? 

TalendDate.formatDate("MMyy",(TalendDate.getFirstDayOfMonth(TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),-2,"MM")))).toString()

Because I don't want to touch the job in future, rather I will change the context variable value in  the text file.

I will appreciate if you can give me an example.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My solution was simply to take your complicated code and apply it in a tJava component at the beginning of your job. So, using some code you used in your previous post, this is how I would assign the value to a context variable in a tJava......

context.ContextVariableName = TalendDate.formatDate("MMyy",(TalendDate.getFirstDayOfMonth(TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(),-2,"MM")))).toString();