Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FSternberg
Contributor III
Contributor III

Context creation for Share folder (correct sintaxe)

Hello, I am facing one problem using context when I try to use the Share folder. Using local directory in my pc is working.

Examples:

\\ds003fn6.rd1.rf1\shb00\To be\ - No Working

//ds003fn6.rd1.rf1/shb00/To be/ - No Working

C:\Users\Public\Talend\Talend-Studio_7.3.1\workspace\To Be\ - Working

Can you guide me the correct sintaxe?

thanks,

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FSternberg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello, it is only windows and the share folder is in other server.

I already tried put the same path that appeared when I link the component to directory.

No need be share folder, if I put one directory in context, the job does not working.

only works if put direct in the component.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

In your screenshot you appear to have these shared folders in the comment section of the context variable. Can you show me the whole context please? Also, does the Studio (or the user that is running the Studio or job when it is compiled) have access to the shared location?

FSternberg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello, I am sending the correct screen of context and I´d like to know the correct sintaxe that I need to use because I am a litle confuse.

The access for the folder I confirmed and I am able to create files in the directory.

If I use the local directory in the Job it is working but by Context it not working.

I don´t know if I need to use \\ server\share_folder or //server/share_folder

I am using Directory as type of Directory.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, here is a way to test this. I use a Mac, so am not able to test this in Windows. But what you can do is drop a tFileInputDelimited component into your job and then use the "Filename/Stream" button to bring up a search box to find a file in your shared folder. Select a file and look at how the path is represented by the component. Then try that path in your context variable.

FSternberg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I´d like to know the correct sintaxe for Windows for put the path in Context.

I think that it should work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This isn't about syntax I'm afraid....well, not JUST about syntax. This is about how Windows communicates with your server. What type of server is it? Is it another Windows server or is it Linux or Unix? If Talend Studio can find the location using the method I suggested above, you can find exactly what you need. If you cannot find the shared folder using that method, you may need to look at how that location is shared.

FSternberg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello, it is only windows and the share folder is in other server.

I already tried put the same path that appeared when I link the component to directory.

No need be share folder, if I put one directory in context, the job does not working.

only works if put direct in the component.