Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luislode
Contributor II
Contributor II

Context view not refreshing when change job tab

Hello.

I'm using Talend Open Studio for Data Integation (7.1.1.20181026_1147).

When i have two (or more) jobs opened and the two have different contexts, the context view only shows the context from one of the jobs.

If i change the job, the context tab is not refreshing. This make that if i modified the context from the second job, i'm really modifing the context from the first job and not the second one.

I tried closing the context view and reopend it, and it works but i have to do this every time i change from one job to another.

I tried one post about permissions problem in the Talend temp folder. I have full control in the folder.

I'm going to try to add some images. 

0683p000009M3t3.jpgContext first job0683p000009M49A.jpgContext first job in second job0683p000009M49F.jpgContext second job0683p000009M49K.jpgContext second job in first job

Thank you for your help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
luislode
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found the problem.

The thing is that I created a personalized perspective and, somehow, i don't know how, the context view lost his reference to the actual opened job. 

I changed to the Integration perspective and it works just fine.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried the same stuff in my sample job and it is working fine. In the first job, I am having Default and Dev context and in second job, I have created the test context.

When I am toggling between the jobs, the context is automatically updated within one second. Please refer the screen shots below.

0683p000009M49y.png

0683p000009M45J.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

luislode
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you nikhilthampi for your answer.

It doesn't work for me. I even create the same contexts with the same name as yours.

I can see that, in the context tab, you have the job name between parenthesis but i'm not. Maybe is that?

And, Wich Talend version are you using?, the same as mine?

0683p000009M4AN.jpg0683p000009M47o.jpg0683p000009M4AS.jpg0683p000009M4AX.jpg

Thank you.

luislode
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found the problem.

The thing is that I created a personalized perspective and, somehow, i don't know how, the context view lost his reference to the actual opened job. 

I changed to the Integration perspective and it works just fine.

Thank you for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,
I have the same issue with this refresh.

TOS version I use is 6.4.1, I also have custom perspective in place (for info it's hard to have it in place)

I can't use the default persperctive to work with my jobs.

Then, first workaround : for each job, close context view and reopen it ==> tedious no ?

Second workaround : use the default perspective ==> not an option for me

I notice that this problem also occur for version 7.0.1

The perspective problem begin with version 6.x and one of third party plugins added on TOS installation

I won't shoot on the pianist but why after so long these problems aren't solved yet ?

Best regards

luislode
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello VBO,

All i'm goint to say is a guessing.

you have your perspective somewhere else and, every time, you paste it in the workspace. If it so, you can't do this because (this is a theory), every view has an id generated for the workspace.

My workaround for this is that, for every new workspace, i change the default perspectice moving the views as i want to. Adnd that is how it works for me.

I'm using TOS 7.1.1.

I'm not sure but i guess there is a problem with this in TOS 6.2.1. The view order does not stays as you wanted. Is because of that that i start with the custom perspective.

Hope it helps.

Best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response 🙂

Yes, it's a workaround but each time you open the tool, you must reorganize the layout.

Before v6.x of TOS, you can change the default perspective and it was automatically kept/saved.

Since v6.x, default perspective with it's default layout is systematically reloaded when you open TOS even if you reorganize it and save it.

Worse, after reload the tool, your previously saved custom perspective was lost 😞

You must make a workaround to keep your wanted perspective layout.

I experiment it and suggest a solution for that few month ago.

By default, when you open the TOS IDE, you ALWAYS get the default perspective layout and previously saved ones are lost again.

Note also that BEFORE updating third party plugins and just after installing the IDE, saving personnal perspective layout works with saving and reload but not after updating plugins.

Note also that if you update again plugins after some time of using your IDE and apply the workaround I tried for this problem,
the situation is the same as a new install of the tool.

All of this to say "There is a problem between some plugins and personnal (saved or not) layout perspective".

Best regards 😉