Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NNot_defined1679394540

Convert TXT files to XML

Hi, I am a beginner on Talend, I would like to build a job that automatically retrieves TXT files in a folder, transforms them into XML and stores them in another folder. So I thought that the TfileList would help me and I associated it with the TfixedFlowInput and I checked the box use aligned content (delimited) I even defined a schema so it didn't get me the schema files, and I realized that I was on the wrong voice, can anyone help me?

THANKS

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are your all TXT files same schema structure or not?

You could use a set of tFileList components, configure its file name pattern according to each schema and connect them to the corresponding tFileInput* using the Iterate connection.

Best regards

Sabrina

jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

Following flow would be helpful:

Build a job (let us call it transformer) which takes the full file path via contact variable and convert this file into an XML file.

Build another job iterating through the files from tFileList and start for every file the transformer job.

Now to the transformer job:

tFileInputDelimited --> tFileOutputXML (define in this component the transformation)

There are plenty of help pages for tFileOutputXML (hit F1 when component is selected)

NNot_defined1679394540
Author

Oui mes TXT et XML ont la meme structure
NNot_defined1679394540
Author

okay but tell me is it possible to read files from a folder with a talend element?